Saturday, September 24, 2011

South Africa Preview

When we left for our adventure to South Africa, I decided I wanted to come up with one word to describe it.  I cannot think of the perfect word; the closest I can come is "A-M-A-Z-I-N-G"!  There simply are not words to describe the experiences we had and the sights we saw.  I took thousands of pictures and as I've glanced through them, they simply do not capture the moment that we were in, but I/we did our best!

This post is just a sneak preview.......I've got so many pictures to go through and do some editing to, it's going to take me a while!  Please enjoy!


This was our introduction to Zulu Nyalla....Sofie (male, inappropriately named) is the lodge "mascot" that was hand raised by the owner of the Preserve.  He is dangerously tame, so he has been sold and will be leaving Zulu.  I'm glad we got there before he left!  A picture of Bill petting him is coming soon to a blog near you......

Welcome, our guide and my new husband!  (Heeheeheehee!!!!!!)


Elephants are awesome animals!  Extremely destructive, but breath taking to watch.

King of the Jungle.......What else is a person to say?

One of many sunset pictures taken.  This one didn't turn out near as well as I'd hoped, but I still like it!

This picture is out of order.  This is sunset from our "flat" in Gordon's Bay, Cape Town. 
Gordon's Bay is known for it's picturesque sunsets......easy to see why!

One of two male cheetah's at Zulu Nyalla.

Enjoying an evening at our flat in Gordon's Bay. 


4 comments:

  1. So far it does look amazing. I'm excited to see more. Glad you had a wonderful time. We hope to make it there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the wildlife of Africa is ultra cool, but to me, nothing says Africa like the silhouette of a giraffe at sunset. (Or sunrise.) Glad you got to go; glad you're home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is Zulu Nyala the name of the park or preserve you had your safari, or the name of the company that put it together for you, or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible pictures!! Can't wait to see the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete