Thursday, September 29, 2011

Game Drive #1 Highlights

After a short flight from Johannesburg, we arrived in Richard's Bay, South Africa where we were picked up with 2 other couples by the lodge.  After about a 2 hour drive into the bush, on the opposite side of the road that one SHOULD drive on, we arrived at Zulu Nyala in time to get settled into our room and have our first game drive!  A few high lights..................

We were on the grounds, but hadn't gotten to the lodge yet!

There were giraffe's everywhere!

Impala buck.

Wart hog!  Pretty tasty too!  We had it as stir-fry, although I think it would have been really good if it would have been slow roasted on a spit.  Flash frying it made it a bit on the tough side.

The first of the big 5.

And across the road was the 2nd of the big 5.

The first African sunset...........

You can make out 3 of the 5 cubs in this shot.  We were spot lighting them, so difficult to get a good shot.

I promised a pic of the Mr. petting Sofie!

There are more pictures on Facebook if you follow me on that sight.  Blogger only allows so many, so I really have to high grade what I put on here.  After I am done going through all the pictures, I'll put a movie together and send to anyone that would like it.  Check back soon........there's lots more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment