Wednesday, April 24, 2013

2013 Spring Turkey

Well, spring turkey hunting in South Dakota has been far more like fall elk hunting in Wyoming.  Cold.  Windy.  Snowing.  Blowing.  Did I mention cold and snowy?  And blowing?

Earlier this week I was able to harvest my bird.....in 8" of fresh snow.  At least I was able to be in some trees so I could move around some what to keep the blood flowing and not get to terrible cold.  I'm probably not what the pros would call "any good" at turkey hunting, but I sure do have fun at it!

Nothing like a 'little' snow while out spring turkey chasin'!
 A very mature bird, his primary beard measured right at 9" and his secondary beard measured 3 3/8".  Not to shabby.


 Yesterday I spent the day making some turkey jerky.  Not to bad for my first attempt.
I'll just say, "n-u-u-m-m-m-y!!!"






No comments:

Post a Comment