Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 Photo Review

I was inspired by a fellow photographer to look back over 2014 and gather some favorite shots.  2014 has been a growing year for me in photography, as I started doing some portrait work after a friend asked me to do her engagement and wedding photos.  I learned that wedding photography is H.A.R.D. - and have a whole new respect for those that do it.  I shot two additional weddings as a second shooter; lots of experience gained - I have a long way to go before I will be considered a 'wedding photographer'.  I'm also not sure that is the direction I want to go.

For my birthday, Bill upgraded much of my photography equipment.  Wow!  What a difference a professional grade camera and lens can make for portrait work!  I know, I know, it's not the camera, it's the shooter; but I have to say, I saw a huge uptick in the quality of my portrait work after the upgrade in my equipment.  This is the direction I want to take my work.  It is the toughest business I have ever tried to break into, but I have always lived my life being up for a challenge!  Landscape and outdoor photography will probably always be my favorite venue, but hey - there ain't no money in that end of it!

Because I like to build movies of my photo's, here's a video of my 2014 favorites.  Many of them are totally wrong technically, but I chose them because of the experience or the memory they were associated with.  Some, I think, are pretty dog-gone good - in my humble opinion.  Some are genuine 'photography' while some are simply 'snapshots'.  I hope you enjoy.  (I couldn't get blogger to upload the video with any kind of quality, so you'll have to click on the link.)
2014 Favorites
I am looking forward to 2015 as I grow in this chosen field.

No comments:

Post a Comment