Monday, January 19, 2015

Harney Peak Hike

Last week we FINALLY had a break in the cold and the dreary, dreary gray days.  I  celebrated by Casey and I hiking the Harney Peak trail in Custer State Park.  The trail goes up to the Harney Peak Fire Look Out tower - once used for exactly what the name says.  The view is beautiful both along the trail and once reaching the tower.  Looking west one sees the Hills toward Wyoming and looking east one sees the bad lands.  I took my camera along, but didn't stop for many pics...I really just wanted to hike.  

The first glimpse of the Tower along the trail.

Just a cell phone pic looking south.  8 steps before entering the Tower.

I'm a sucker for a great sunset.

From a little farther down the trail.

Almost off the trail, I thought the rock formation was interesting against the sky.  

Look close, you can see a contrail above the rock, moving right.  Then the 2nd tree to the left of the rock has a bright star/planet above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment