Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Busy November

Seems like every year the fall gets busier and busier and this year has been no exception.  The first of the month we had the opportunity to go to Hawaii, a bucket list trip of mine, and had a really great time!  We spent most of our time on Oahu, but did get a side trip over to the big island in also to visit Volcanoes National Park.  (Pictures coming soon to a blog near you of this adventure!)  Our week enjoying 'island life' was packed full of sight-seeing, which didn't make for a real relaxing trip, but a really fun trip!
 
Bill has been working lots, I've been quite busy with volunteer work this year and now, it's time for Thanksgiving!  In no time at all, it will be Christmas and I'm just not sure I'm ready for the year to over already.  Alas, there is simply nothing I can do about it though, but just go with the flow.  The deer and the turkey's aren't coming in much anymore as it is so dry they are pretty much staying where there is water.  I did get a couple shots of a couple bucks that have snuck through.
 
Looking at the height of this guy's brow tines, he has potential to grow up into a really nice deer.....if he just keeps his dead down low.
 
This guy is far smarter than the smaller one.  He really was pretty camera shy and this was the best shot I could get of him.  There maybe a better shot on the trail cam, I just haven't gotten it down loaded yet.
 
I don't know what kind of sparrows these are, but they show up every year as winter is beginning.  They keep Casey busy giving her lots of little birds to chase!
 
I was able to get my hunting mentee out hunting for a deer again this past weekend also.  Watching her put the things together into practical use that I have been teaching her has been really cool!  Our first hunt, she had a stock on a doe that would have even made Jim Shockey proud!  Unfortunately, it didn't quite turn to give her the shot she was comfortable with; but that's OK.  I much prefer her being a sportsman saying I'm not sure about that shot than taking a shot and not getting a solid, clean shot.  We didn't see anything the next day, but it didn't stop us from having a good time!
 
Who can't take the time to swing on a tire swing when you find one in the woods?!?!?!  Yes, life is good!
 
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I must take a moment to be thankful for the many blessings life has given us.  I am fortunate enough to be married to my best friend, and the Mr. works very hard to provide it for us.  We have a home we love, a dog that has just totally wormed her way into our hearts and our 'family' would simply not be complete without her anymore.  Bill's kids are all doing well, live to far away, but that's just part of life anymore.  I appreciate that they have accepted me as part of the family.  We have enjoyed many adventures together this year, and next year will not be short of more.  In short, Life. Is. Good. and Life. Continues. to be Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment