Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Game Drive #6, Day 4 (morning) - Sept. 11, 2011

And just what will we find today???????

 A kudu!!!!!!!!!!!!  Aren't they just awesome?  Weird that an "antelope" is basically the size of an elk calf.

Even butterfly's are pretty in the bush!

And hippo's again........


 
See the "flap"...bull hippo.  I didn't realize until I cropped in on this pic that this guy has "wiskers".

This is a much better picture of a hippo track than the last one I posted.

Welcome's facial expression in this picture shows just how passionate he can be at times.

Not everyone likes monkeys, but I thought they were kind of cute...at least at a distance!

Of all the landscape pictures I have looked at that I took so far, this is by far my most favorite.  I think this is the closest to showing just how vast the country is over there.

The group:  Louisa, Welcome, Katie, the Mr., Louiza and myself.  The rest of the group that was normally with us had gone on a side excursion.

And lurking in the bushes was a cow cape buffalo!

What will we find at the watering hole today??????

This zebra was saying, "awwwwwww"..................



"I'm pregnant and I'm up.  What else do you tourist's expect from me?"

A male wort hog.  You can tell by the "eye guards".

Poachers had come in the night before.  They set a fire in one spot, then go "hunt" in another spot.  Poaching is a serious problem over there.

Silly Americans!  I'm just going to stick my tongue out at you!

Can you not just hear this girl saying "What?!?!?!?!?"


Continue to check back...there are a couple more game drives left and of course a whole week in Cape Town for me to post about.  Are you tired of seeing Africa pictures yet?  I am having so much fun re-living our trip!  Hoping to put an order in for calendars this week.  As soon as I place the order I will post price and let you know when it will be available.  I'm planning on doing a 14 month calendar, December 2011 through January 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am definitely not tired of seeing your pictures from Africa. They are absolutely amazing. A calendar is such a great idea. Again, thanks for sharing all your pictures. I'm excited for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures have been awesome and we're way excited for more! Blair especially likes the warthog picture, he's kind of fascinated with them. Everything is just incredible!

    ReplyDelete