Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Around the Lodge at Zulu Nyala

I took some time after lunch on day 3 to take some pictures around the lodge and of the grounds.  Everything was kept in immaculate condition! 

These flowers closed up every night, then re-opened once the sun hit them.  They were all around the grounds.

Sofie likes men far better than women.  When I tried to pet him, he growled at me.  I told the guides, they told me giraffe's don't growl.  The he** they don't!  Bill heard it; I wasn't hearing things.  The lady next door told us he banged his horns on her door one night she had the light on when she reading until she turned the light off.  Is he livin' the life or what?!?!?!?!

This was our maid, although I never caught her name.  She was ALWAYS happy and ALWAYS had a smile on her face - including when she was chewing us out for not locking our room!  LOL

It was spring time when we were there, so flowers/plants were small. 

An aloe vera tree amongst other flowering plants.

This dude was hanging in the fish pond by the restaurant.....One had to do a double take the first time they walked by it!

The view from the pool.  Pictures just don't show how vast it is.

The entry way to the patio (where the fish pond is) to the restaurant.

I don't remember what this purple-ish colored flowering tree was, but the mature ones were really brilliant!


The world's sorriest looking lilac tree in the world. 
Also the world's most fragrant lilac tree.


I almost have the pictures from the next game drive ready to post.  Should have them up by the end of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment