Thursday, June 30, 2011

Family Visit

OK, so I'm probably a couple weeks late posting these pictures, but hey, one does what they can!

Mom & Dad and Bruce & Michelle came over a couple of weekends ago and we did the sight seeing tourist thing together.  I think everyone had a good time.  Michelle kept saying every time she thought she'd seen how pretty it was, we'd see something else.  Mom had her 'scooter' so was able to see most of the sights also. 

Me, Mom and Michelle with Pactola Lake in the background.

Mom and Dad at Pactola Lake. 

 Michelle and Bruce at Pactola.

Bruce, Bill, Mom, Michelle, and Dad at Mt. Rushmore.
  
Bill and I.  Yes, Casey is missing...she isn't allow at the "Monument".

Mom and Dad at Rushmore.


There is a small picnic ground just past Rushmore that we stopped at for lunch.  The walk is paved so Mom was able to go to the over look.  "Keep up Dad...she's haulin' on that thing!"

Me and Michelle at the top of Needles Highway. 
Who knows what I was trying to get some tourist to get out of my way for.
Notice the tunnel in the background.....it is a VERY narrow, one way.

Cathedral Spires, the east side of the Needles Highway.

One pissed off snorting Mama with 2 stupid morons chasing her and her calf to take a picture.  I'm sure there was an article in the Rapid Journal about someone getting gord.  They deserved it!

Dakota Lake, Custer State Park

Dad, Mom, Michelle and Bruce with Rushmore in the background from Iron Mountain Road.

Sunset over Pactola Lake.
Isn't it pretty?!?!?!?!?  (You may have guessed that Pactola is one of my fav's!)

On Sunday before breakfast, Bruce wanted to do some shooting.  Michelle wasn't going to let him be the only one.  She shot my 9 a bit, although it hurt her wrists some, she really liked my little .22.  If Bruce is smart, I know what she'll be getting for her birthday!

 Even Dad shot a little.

Don't let Bruce lie to you, as yes, he did miss some shots.  I'd hoped to get my new photo shop program figured out and fix most of these pics but I decided I probably should just get them posted.  I'm sure there will be another rainy day for me to be sitting at the computer figuring it out soon!

1 comment:

  1. These are so fun for me to see! You are so good at posting things right away. Me not so much. I love seeing all of you guys together, and Grandma told me what a good time they all had. I love that picture of Dakota lake - gorgeous! I know from experience at the top of the Beartooth Highway that pictures often don't do the beauty justice, so I can only imagine how gorgeous those two lakes actually are! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete