Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Roughlock Falls in Winter

Yesterday was such a gorgeous tease of a spring day, I just couldn't waste it inside!  Casey and I snowshoed up to Roughlock Falls in Spearfish Canyon....It's just as pretty in the winter as summer and fall! 



Casey was vibrating when she saw the ducks.  I'd put her on the leash so she didn't take off after them (after all, she IS  a bird dog!).  Makes for a challenge in getting a clear picture.



The bridge just below the falls.

My destination, Roughlock Falls.

Lower Falls.

Standing over the upper falls.

Looking down the canyon from the bridge below the falls.

Looking down the canyon from the upper falls.





Had to burn some of her energy off!



Getting ready to dive under a tree.....there MUST be a bird down there to flush!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Seems that Casey has such a fun personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are always leaving some notification of where you are going. I get a little concerned thinking about you off by yourself so much, especially with Bill gone as long as he often is.

    ReplyDelete