Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Bright, Warm, Sunny Winters Day

Yesterday I took a drive up Spearfish Canyon.  It was +40*, and a really pretty day!  My intention was to hike up to Roughlock Falls, BUT, given all the snowmobilers at the "trail head", there was no place to park and I didn't have my snowshoes with me, so it was just a drive up the canyon and back.  The drive did make for nice photo opportunities.......

This bald eagle was fishing Spearfish Creek. 
It's hard to a take pictures of a bird in flight - almost fell over several times!

Spearfish Canyon

Bridal Veil Falls

Ice Sculpture on the canyon wall.





I'm thinkin' this road is closed for the season!

Spoiled rotten little dog!

Iron Creek Canyon

Iron Creek

Snow's a little piled up!

Spearfish Creek again.

No comments:

Post a Comment