Friday, October 22, 2010

Opening Regular Pheasant Season 2010

Bill and I had the honor of being invited to a family farm in the northern end of the state for opening weekend of regular pheasant season (this past weekend). We had a great time and had fabulous hunting. Thank you Hulm family for including us!


Mr. Roy (on the right), our host and another member of the hunting party.
Mr. Roy was born on the farm we were hunting and the Soddy that he was born in still stands today. 
I'm sure he could tell us ALL some stories!

The Mr. was home for the opener!

Bill, nearest, taking the shot!

Good girl Casey!  I'm quite certain this is a picture of the 2010 Bird Puppy of the year!

Look in the bushes below Casey, you can see the pheasant she is trying to retrieve.

Part of the group taking a break.

The sand hill crane migration is on right now.  Far to many birds to count......an incredible sight to see!

Look at the smile the Mr. is wearing....You'd think he was either proud of his puppy or his shootin'.....or maybe both!

The majority of the group after it was all said and done Sunday late afternoon after a VERY successful hunt!  I got my first pheasants I'd ever shot.
To say I had fun would just be an understatement!

Thank you Hulm Family for allowing us to participate in this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment