Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Turkey #1

The tom's came in this morning........I wasn't on the deck when I shot this guy but ............

Do you like my foot attire for "hunting" today?
I was hid out behind the garage on the gravel pad by Casey's kennel.

As you can see, I did put flip flops on to walk down and get him.

Casey wants everyone to know that she was very helpful in retrieving him......

Not once did she try to eat him.....
.....just wanted to be in the pictures!

Got him with my .22-250!

 I even remembered to grab the shell!

He field weighed at 19.5 pounds......

.......not a bad sized bird.
   
There are worse habits to need supported, right?

This dude was fat.

The beard wasn't quite as long as the ones last spring, but still a pretty nice bird.
This guy's beard was a lot more gray then last springs.

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed. Glad Casey made her appearance in the photos too. That definitely is a large one (at least it looks large to me!) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete