Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Woo Hoo!!!! Turkey #2!

I got my 2nd turkey this morning!!!  Yippee!  You may have guessed, I'm still a little excited.  This hunt wasn't near as exciting as yesterday's, but hey, two turkey's in two days.  How could that NOT be exciting?  This guy was pretty much just feeding in on me; and for once, I had patience, and just waited for a great shot opportunity.  I blasted him at 24 yards!  (Yes, I ranged it after the shootin' was all done.)  I put a second round into him so he would stop flopping around.  Didn't need to, but he wasn't "contained" against the fence like yesterday, so I did.  Wish I wouldn't have......He was a pain to clean.  Since he was coming straight for me, there was some shot to clean out and lost a little meat.  Oh well.  Normal when it comes to huntin' birds.  Had to make my first phone call to our friend Charlie!  He says I just like pulling the trigger on my shot gun.  Probably some truth to that!  LOL  Again, no one around to take pictures, so did the timer and ran............
My bird and my shot gun, what a lovely site! :)

Yes, still a big smile.

This ones colorings are different....
Far more like the Rio's colors than the Merriam's.
OK.....that would make two turkeys, two freak-a-zoid's
Leave it to me to shoot freak's!


Kind of hard to tell in the pictures, but he had a blue head.  I had decided (for whatever reason that might be) that I wanted a blue headed one the second time.

I probably had the wrong one mounted.  LOL  This dude's fan just seems BIG.

Only one beard on this guy.

Yes, I measured.........

Pretty dog gone respectable bird, if I do say so myself!

Well, this brings my 2010 Spring Turkey Season to a close.  Both of my tags are now filled.  Bitter-sweet.  :)  Although, I must admit, not getting up at 3:30 everyday is going to be nice for a bit.  Now, the pressure is on Mr. Bill...............  If he gets home before the season ends, I get to "Guide Sir" him!  Wouldn't it just suck if he had to go back to work and tell the guys that he got out hunted by his WIFE?!?!?!?
Hee he, hee he, hee he! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I must admit I have no interest in hunting, but after shooting skeet with Ben, I definitely have respect for hitting a target with one of those things! And reading about your adventures is definitely entertaining:)

    ReplyDelete