Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Super Moon November 2016

Much hype has been broadcast about the Internet, social media, television, etc about the super moon that just happened the past two nights.  After all, it is kind of a big deal...scientists say the next time the moon will appear this large to us here on earth with be 2034 - that's a ways off.

First night (Sunday) the clouds broke just 30 minutes prior to the moon rising...and as I headed to where I thought I wanted to be, the truck said it wanted some go juice.  So a quick stop in Sturgis, then back on the road I was.  As soon as I broke out of the canyon, I saw the wondrous sight, it really was pretty.  Unfortunately, I was a few minutes late to be set up.  I gave it my best attempt, and we all know that photographing the moon has been a HUGE learning curve for me.  I'm still struggling, but, hey, I'll never get it figured out if I'm not out there trying.

Probably my most clear shot of the Super Moon, Sunday, 11-13-16.
            My most favorite shot of the Super Moon both nights, taken Sunday evening.                 "Rest Easy Sentinels"
Monday night found me a bit more prepared, unfortunately, the clouds didn't co-operate and it was over cast.  The moon rose about 30 minutes later than the previous night; had it rose closer in time frame of the previous night, I think some spectacular photo's could have been captured.  

          My best photo of the night....as I awaited the moon rising.  Bear Butte, the center of much   local controversy.   "Evening Reflections"   

Much 'noise' in this photo, but as you can see, many clouds, but at least I was able to capture a reflection!
Sepia/Black and White did this photo more justice, I thought.
Again, a lot of noise in the photo.  Sure was a lot of traffic out last night.
Maybe one day I will conquer this learning curve of "shooting the moon".  Until then, I continue to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment