Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Roughtlock Falls & Spearfish Falls

Earlier in the week I decided I needed to go for a walk and see what the fall colors were doing in Spearfish Canyon.  The best place to do that is to head up to the falls.  It's an easy, short hike, but it never disappoints, no matter what time of year you take the trail.  I tried to make a slideshow of these, but I need to work on figuring that out some more.

Bench along the trail.
Little Spearfish Creek below Roughlock Falls.











All of Roughlock Falls (formed by Little Spearfish Creek)


A 4 legged creature kept photo bombing me!


Puddle along the trail.


Composite of the canyon wall from Roughlock Falls trail.




OK, so fish aren't normally something people would take photo's of.  Far from what I enjoy taking photo's of.  However, as I was walking past the stream, these guys were feeding, breaking the surface so I decided to give it a try.  Far from field and stream quality, but it made for some interesting, patient testing time for me. 

Brooke trout just before he breaks the water surface.

Trout as he heads for a bug on the surface.


Spearfish Falls.  Little Spearfish Creek as it enters into Spearfish Creek.




Hoping to get out and get some more fall photos but we'll just have to see how time goes.  But yes, you guessed it....................

Life. Is. Good!


No comments:

Post a Comment