Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Seriously, It's Gotta Go

Last week we FINALLY had some spring like temps, all the snow was melted, the ground was quite soggy, but it felt like spring.  Winter has hung on like a bad hang-over this year.  I'm over it!

Mother Nature can be cruel.....I woke up yesterday to 6" of fresh, WET, spring snow and some awesome wind to go along with it.  This, of course, was after it had been raining hard the night before.  I don't know when it changed it snow, but it certainly piled up.  Seriously, this white stuff has GOT to go!

After getting the driveway plowed, I needed to do something to change my attitude.  So, after a tan, I decided to see if I could get a decent shot of Bear Butte.  There were a couple of holes in the clouds that the sun was trying to peak through - maybe, just maybe I could get lucky.

Photo bombed by a pair of Canadian Honkers.  Sturgis area I don't believe got quite as much snow as we did.
 As the evening continued, the clouds were trying to break up; I new this morning might provide a pretty sunrise.  First thing this morning with cup of coffee and camera in hand, me and the dog headed to same spot to see what I could capture.

Sun just starting to peak up.
Sun is officially up and starting to shine.
Not enough cloud bank to create a lot of color over the Butte it self.

And now the sun is shining bright - bring on the mud season.

No comments:

Post a Comment