Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Turkeys

Bill came home from work this time with a HORRIBLE cold and basically spent the first three days home in his sweats either in bed or in his recliner.  Then the weather turned cold and windy and that never does much for any ones attitude.  Friday he was finally feeling better so we decided we ought to go into Rapid City and just look around and maybe have a little retail therapy.  Fortunately, Cabela's was open and just happened to have a couple of solid deals on two side by side shot guns.....

A couple of Aya side by side 12 gauges.

This morning 22 turkeys came in...silly turkeys!  A mixture of toms, jakes and hens.



Look close....I was standing in the window of the office taking these pictures!

And then......................... there I go thinking again!  Wouldn't it be cool to shoot a turkey with one of the new side by sides?!?!?!?!?  Cool!  I better put some shoes on!  It's cold outside! Oh, and if I get one, Bill's home and can take pictures!  That's a first! 

Turkey loads won't fit in these scatter guns....but we just happen to have some sage grouse loads left.  And yes, I was still in my sweats!

Yes, Casey had to come get in the pictures and no self timers on these!
Notice the look on her face....even SHE thinks this is gonna taste good!
Not that she GETS to taste him!
And so ends the 2010 turkey season for me...but wait!  Bill still has a tag!  Get busy Mr. Snow!!!

After I walked down and got the bird and brought him back up to the house we both decided we should get dressed.  Bill said, "I've never cleaned a turkey before"......B-O-N-U-S for me!!!!!!  I don't have to clean this one!  The Mr. wants to!  Thanks for being home Bill!

Now you can say you've cleaned a turkey!


These dude has the longest most full beard of all that I've shot so far...I forgot to bring the scale out and weigh him though.  By far the fattest bird I've shot, so guessing also the biggest!

No comments:

Post a Comment